Day trip destinations at Lake Garda – the most stunning
A trip to Italy’s largest lake
You can conveniently reach the most beautiful day trip destinations at Lake Garda as South Tyrol is situated just a stone’s throw away from Italy’s largest lake. Stroll through the lanes in picturesque coastal towns, take a boat trip from one side to the other or visit the Gardaland theme park … they are all typical of Lake Garda!
We are happy to recommend a few popular day trip destinations at Lake Garda to you
- Visit the historical little Mediterranean towns along Lake Garda: Riva, Limone sul Garda, Lazise, Bardolino, Torbole, Malcesine, Desenzano, Sirmione, Salò … including shopping trip and a visit to a lakeside restaurant.
- Wind surfing on Lake Garda, swimming in the lake, climbing with a view over the lake … great fun and action!
- La Strada dei Vini e dei Sapori del Garda – Lake Garda’s food and wine route. Trattorie and Agriturismi along the coastal roads invite you to taste outstanding wines, olive oil, truffles and all kinds of delicious treats.
- La Isola del Garda: The little island off San Felice del Benaco is one of the most popular day trip destinations at Lake Garda and is considered to be a little gem with its centuries old villa, stunning gardens and huge park.
- Il Vittoriale degli Italiani in Gardone Riviera: One of the most interesting day trip destinations at Lake Garda is situated on the west bank. The former residence of the Italian poet Gabriele D’Annunzio with its wonderful park grounds acts as a museum today.
- San Martino and Solferino memorial sites – day trip destinations steeped in history at Lake Garda: the memorial tower and museums at the southern tip of Lake Garda remind us and tell us about the battles of San Martino and Solferino during the Italian War of Independence in 1859.
- Santuario Madonna della Corona: The famous Madonna della Corona pilgrimage site in the village of Spiazzi by Monte Baldo is situated at a dizzying height.