Stroblhof goes green
We deeply cherish our homeland – and that’s exactly why nature and the environment are just as important to us at the Stroblhof as the well-being of our guests. We often ask ourselves how we can increase our contribution to environmental protection and our commitment to sustainable living. We have summarised our current measures for you on this page. If you have any further ideas and suggestions for us, we look forward to hearing from you.
How we protect the environment
- Our energy is sourced from combined heat and power plants that produce both heat and electricity, as well as from the local cooperative EUP, which gets 100% of its energy from a local hydroelectric power plant.
- We have eliminated the use of natural gas, opting to heat our premises with wood chips from the Val Passiria/Passeiertal forests and even our own forest. We built the heating plant in 2022.
- We have not used plastic bottles at the resort for years.
- Whenever possible, we source our food from local producers (Schiefer fish farm, Aignerhof farm, cheese from local farmers, herbs from Rosi Mangger at the Fronigerhof, Ploner bakery, and many more).
- We encourage our guests to use water and resources responsibly – together, we can limit the amount of laundry at the hotel.
- Since 2021, a young farming couple from Val Passiria/Passeiertal has been cultivating vegetables on our 2.5-hectare field. How delicious are our tomatoes, aubergines, courgettes, pumpkins, lettuce, radishes, potatoes, and carrots? You’ll have to taste them for yourself!
- For the last decade, we have used an electricity optimisation system to control the electrical equipment at our hotel. This allows us to use electricity optimally and avoid consumption peaks.
- Our cooling systems are coupled with a heat recovery system. This way, nothing goes to waste!
- We have an electric bus to transport guests to the riding stables.
Our latest initiatives
- Since January 2023, a large photovoltaic system has adorned our roof, helping us make the most of the approximately 300 days of sunshine in Val Passiria/Passeiertal.
- The hotel’s courtesy line has been overhauled: an innovative, plastic-free line has replaced the disposable bottles. The new products are produced exclusively for the Stroblhof by the company Piroche in Meran – and contain Meran water – to ensure the shortest of transport routes.
- Are you prepared to bring your own spa slippers on holiday? Guests who don’t use the provided slippers because they have brought their own will receive a deduction on their hotel bill to reward their green footprint!
During lockdown, we started a partnership with two local young farmers, actively supported by our head chef Alex Sallustio. Since then, they have been cultivating our 2.5-hectare field with vegetables such as tomatoes, aubergines, courgettes, pumpkins, lettuce, radishes, potatoes, and carrots. The entire harvest is delivered exclusively to the Stroblhof kitchen and processed into unforgettable gourmet creations. You will be amazed!