The Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal
Hospitality over hundreds of years
The Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal looks back over many years of hospitality, sociability and cordiality. Today’s Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal was first mentioned in documents as the Gasthaus zum Einhorn in 1658, our hotel in Val Passiria/Passeiertal has been known as the Stroblwirt since 1768. Following a fire, it was namely a certain Strobl family who took care of rebuilding the hotel and laid the foundation stone for the long Stroblhof tradition.
Just a few years after reconstruction, the Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal became the property of Johann Holzknecht, who was Andreas Hofer’s closest confidant, his Chancellor and Finance Minister in 1809. His son Franz ran the business until his death on 17 May 1862, afterwards the Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal was auctioned and acquired by Josef Ladurner from Merano/Meran.
In 1888 the Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal became the property of Josef Tschöll, whose son converted the hotel around the turn of the century into a hotel that was considered modern at that time. After South Tyrol was annexed to Italy, the hotel was given the name “Stella Alpina” as part of Italianising South Tyrol.
During the Second World War the Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal was occupied by German forces, the dining hall was turned into a small factory for producing explosive devices. After the end of the war, the Stroblhof’s proprietor, Josef Tschöll Junior, died leaving behind no heirs. The Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal went to church institutions in five equal parts, leaving the running of the business to tenants.
The Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal has been owned by the Pircher family since 1954. Johann Pircher and his wife Rosa Trompadeller managed the hotel with a great deal of love until the building was seized during the South Tyrolean bombing campaigns from September 1964 to May 1965 and used by the riot police as accommodation. After the building was released again, Johann Pircher Junior and his wife Anna Klotz took over the management and gave the Stroblhof a new look at the start of the 1970s. The new main building was built during this time, it was extended by a 3rd and 4th floor in 1974.
An annexe was built in 1980, the underground garage was constructed in 2000 and the Siguna Spa was built in 2005. In 2007 your hosts today Hansjörg Pircher and Sara Keller took over their parent’s business and implemented new ideas at the Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal. Resulting in the Dolce Vita Lounge and winehouse with well stocked wine rack in 2007, the addition of the Crystal Vital Residence with 10 new suites and the indoor pool being built in 2011.
In 2013 Hansi and Sara created even more space for wellbeing at the Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal: the second part of the Crystal Vital Residence with saunas and chill-out areas and 18 comfort suites is built and the dining and buffet area is redesigned. More renovations followed in 2014: the hotel tavern was turned into a pretty Wine & Cocktail Bar where numerous events are held.
More extension and renovation work is already being planned to make the Stroblhof in Val Passiria/Passeiertal an inviting holiday home for you.